Monday, March 30, 2009
This afternoon I picked up Jozy from her boarding house that she spends time at when we are out of town, Woofs N' Whiskers. I don't think she used to enjoy it too much, but she has really come around and seems to enjoy going there. It helps with her socialization and best of all, it wears her out. When she comes up from WnW, she has what my wife and I call a Woofs N' Whiskers hangover. This is what it looks like.
I hope she gets her rest. There is a chance that Mocha is coming for a visit tomorrow.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
You can read more about Mocha here.
Here's Black. Possibly one of my all time favorites from a time in my life when angst was so much more than delayed flights. I cannot even begin to count the number of nights I spent staying up late and screaming the last few lines of this song between the years of 1994-1998. I was almost as good as Eddie Vedder...
Monday, March 23, 2009
"Game is at 2 pm; Field 24; wear white, bring your blue. Bring the noise."
Unfortunately, no one got my Public Enemy reference on that one. With that as background, the following exchange happened this past weekend.
Player 1: Coach, what's a kasbah?
Player 2: Rock the Kasbah, it's a Clash song.
Player 1: Oh, I thought it was a typo.
Here is a brief snippet from the bench that I thought was hilarious.
Player 1: Who is that guy in the stands over there?
Player 2: What guy?
Player 1: The one next to the two hot chicks.
Player 2: That's my sister and my girlfriend.
Player 1: Oh.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Fair warning. The video is creepy. Don't judge me.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
This is a photo of my wife reading her book during our short trip to the beach this past weekend. I got some good reading in myself and finished a book called The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card - a good science fiction beach read. My wife on the other hand, is reading Shakespeare.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
1. Make the Road by Walking v Menahan Street Band
2. Bullet and a Target v Citizen Cope
3. People C'mon v Delta Spirit
4. Gold for Bread v Blitzen Trapper
5. Italo v Anathallo
6. Preta Luxo v Marcio Local
7. Crack the Shutters v Snow Patrol
8. Curs In The Weeds v Horse Feathers
9. Beautiful Beat v Nada Surf
10. One Day Like This v Elbow
11. The Greatest Sum (acoustic) v The Avett Brothers
12. Angels Of Destruction v Marah
13. If I Were a Free Fallin' Boy (Beyonce vs. Tom Petty) v DJ Earworm
14. Colleen v The Heavy
15. Microphone v Coconut Records
16. Paint A Face v Neil Halstead
17. Great Expectations v The Gaslight Anthem
18. Black River Killer v Blitzen Trapper
19. Ghosts v Laura Marling
20. Down v Anthem In
21. People Got A Lotta Nerve v Neko Case
22. United State of Pop (2007) v DJ Earworm
First mix of 2009 is finally out. If you are not on the regular receiving list, feel free to let me know you would like a copy.