Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nick Cave - Into My Arms

Nick Cave is hit or miss for me. Every once in a while I stumble on a song of his that really resonates. Into My Arms may not be one of the most energetic songs you have heard, but the lyrics combined with Cave's distinct voice are moving throughout these 4 minutes made up of solely him and his piano. Layer into this some extremely emotional footage and this is an impressive piece of work. Another version, being played live and with excellent sound quality can be found here.



I don't believe in an interventionist God
But I know, darling, that you do
But if I did I would kneel down and ask Him
Not to intervene when it came to you
Not to touch a hair on your head
To leave you as you are
And if He felt He had to direct you
Then direct you into my arms

No comments: