Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dawes

Becoming a big fan of this band these days. Dawes is from Los Angeles and just does stuff like this that is full of lyrical genius.


There were moments of dreams I was offered to save
I live less like a workhorse more like a slave
I thought that one quick moment that was noble or brave
Would be worth the most of my life.

So I pointed my fingers and shout a few quotes I knew
As if something that´s written should be taken as true
But every path I have taken and conclusion I drew
Would put truth back under the knife.

And now the only piece of advice that continues to help:
Is anyone that´s making anything new only breaks something else.


-----------------


And then there are songs like this where your realize that not only can they turn lyrics like the above into catchy songs, but into what I what I would consider great poetry.




Cause it’s a little bit of everything,
The way you choke, the way you ache,
It is waking up before you,
So I can watch you as you wake.
So in the day in late September,
It’s not some stupid little ring,
I’m giving a little bit of everything.

No comments: