Saturday, June 01, 2013

Lafayette Farmers and Artisan Market at the Horse Farm

Today was the grand opening of the Lafayette Farmers and Artisan Market at the Horse Farm in Lafayette - a grand opening that has taken up the majority of the a last few months of my wife's time and it was an amazing success. It opened at 8am and I rolled in around 8:10 thinking I might beat some of the crowd. Definitely not the case!

The parking lots were overflowing, the weather perfect and the variety of locally grown produce, meats, artisan vendors and cajun music was a great way to start the weekend. My wallet wasn't thanking me too much but that's ok. Here are a few scenes from the market. If you are from around here, make sure to come out next Saturday!

Panorama of the market from under the cover the live oaks. 



Pickles, salted pecan and wild honey butter and house cured bacon.


Yes. Garlic.


And of course, the music. Check out the budding cajun musicians on the right.








No comments: