Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fun With Travel

Weather in Houston yesterday was so nasty that my flight from Lafayette to Houston was delayed 1 hour. When you only have a 45 minute layover, this is bad news. We landed in Houston 15 minutes prior to my connecting flight's departure time. I made it across the airport (no easy task in Houston) in 14 minutes. They were closing the gate as I approached.

I almost broke my long standing rule of "I will never run in an airport" in order to make that flight. However, I find that running in airports just results in a miserable sweaty 30 minutes in an airplane seat. I think it is a good rule not to break.

By the way, if you are renting a car, take your driver's license up to the rental counter. Why do people leave this with their travel companion outside of the rental office?

3 comments:

z carpenter said...

By the way, if you are renting a car, take your driver's license up to the rental counter. Why do people leave this with their travel companion outside of the rental office?
.....because we argued about who was going to stand in line for the car. The person standing in front of you lost the arguement unprepared....which by the way was part of the arguement.

SINEDDIE said...

because the general population is stupid...

wilablog said...

It's funny to see how Z and Sineddie approach the same question differently. In this case, I may side with the opinion that this was just a plain stupid move.