Saturday, January 16, 2010

22 Minutes


Today's plan involves lots of sports. Watching Everton (with Landon Donovan) vs. Manchester City and then two football games on TV. That latter set of TV is 6 hours of football...or actually, just 22 minutes according to the WSJ.
  • The average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.
  • Commercials take up about an hour.
  • As many as 75 minutes, or about 60% of the total air time, excluding commercials, is spent on shots of players huddling, standing at the line of scrimmage or just generally milling about between snaps.
(Thanks to pele1410 for sending the story my way)

4 comments:

pele1410 said...

Why is the link different every time you attribute something to me? This one is my bigsoccer account, last story was my youtube account...

Unknown said...

Because I think it is funny to do so...

pele1410 said...

How do you even know about them? Do you google me in your spare time?

Unknown said...

Yes. I am a closet stalker. Prowling around on message boards and social networking sites. Busted.