The scope is bigger than the kitchen, so maybe I'll start calling it Remodel Phase 1. Phase 2 is scheduled to start in the year 2025.
Here's a recap of the scope:
- Tear down the wall between our kitchen and living room and leave a island (or peninsula) in its place. Essentially, this makes 2 rooms into one space and will open up half the house.
- Tear down all wood paneling in the kitchen, living room and laundry room and float sheet rock.
- New cabinets.
- New kitchen floor.
- New counter top.
- Tray ceiling in the living room.
- New stove top and oven.
- Redo the laundry closet - add laundry sink, new walls, new cabinets.
- New lighting all around.
- New molding, painting and lots of odd jobs throughout.
- New AC unit and moving our it to the attic to decrease the noise from it.
- Set up interior and exterior sound system.