Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thirty-Five

Today I turn 35. Wow! I definitely feel a lot younger than 35 and have a hard time believing that number is real. Even played a full 90 minutes and feel remarkably good today.

Update: Forgot to mention that today is Jozy's birthday as well - since we don't know when she was born, we decided to pick 11/11 as her birthday since we got her as a birthday gift. So she turns 3 today!

So what should you know about 35? Well, among other things:
  • 35 is a greeting often used in Croatia. It is used the same way as a word "respect" in some cultures. Pronounced tri'spet.
  • In Ancient Rome, the age of a man in his prime, at which he was eligible to become a consul.
  • The minimum age (in years) of candidates for election to the position of President of the United States, President of Ireland and President of Poland
  • The passing grade in many Indian Colleges (out of 100). Scoring a 35 is known to many students as getting a "Stamp"

The photo above is from our trip to Phoenix last weekend where I was surprised by an early birthday cake from my brother, his wife and my new niece. Thanks guys! And thanks to all of my friends and family (immediate and extended) for your birthday wishes. And last but not least, thanks to my wife for putting up with this cranky old man! Your friendship, support and wisdom is a constant inspiration.

Finally, thanks to all the readers of BOB who check back in every once in a while. This has been a great place for me to share memories, music and random thoughts. Hopefully you get a similar enjoyment from reading that I get from sharing. Here's a quote that I thought sums up that sentiment and is a good way to close out my "Happy Birthday to me and Jozy" post.
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Will! Happy 35!! Lots of love from Maplewood! :) S&W (plus wags for Jozy's bday from Pocomoke + Reposado)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'm thinking about running for president now that I am eligible.