Monday, August 01, 2011

A Pen, a Memory and a Question

The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium.
Norbet Platt

Was on an airplane today and something made me think of my father. Not sure what it was. I started wondering how much of my current personality is similar to his, what sort of conversation we would have today if I was able to sit down and talk to him, and if he would be proud of what his son has done with this life thus far. I decided that he would ask me if I was happy. And that if I answered this question "yes" that he would probably be pretty damn proud.

This is his Mont Blanc pen that I found a long time ago. I use it all the time now. It's not what triggered the memory but the memory triggered this as the image that I would use to accompany my note.

2 comments:

Janenne said...

Yes Will. I know your father would be very proud of the man you have become. You must have had a wonderful father full of insight.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mrs. Janenne. That's really nice of you to say. He was indeed really awesome. Was super involved in developing local soccer as well - kinda reminds me of Mr. Mark sometimes ;-)