Wednesday, September 05, 2007

José González - Down The Line

I'm a big fan of José González. He has a new album coming out this month and the song below is guaranteed to be on my next mix. I really like the one line that repeats at the end: "Don't let the darkness eat you up." This video and his other video just released (Killing for Love) are both based on Jim Woodring's "Manhog Behind the Face," which I will confess to knowing nothing about. However, it appears to be somewhat available on-line. The comic looks strange but I really like this video. Warning: The Killing for Love has brief manhog nudity.

What I like about José is the intricate guitar work combined with his voice. It sounds like the songs on the new album will be a bit more "awake" than his last album so I am really looking forward to it.


No comments: