Friday, August 27, 2010

One Man, One Guitar, One Foot in the Grave

Well I worked all summer couldn't save a cent
I gave all my money to the government
I don't know quite how it got spent
but the banks are coming for my deed though
Man at the mill can't see though
Let me get my feed for free though
Ain't that the way it is

Charlie Parr is from Duluth and plays a National resonator guitar, a fretless open-back banjo, and a 12-string guitar in the piedmont blues style. I don't really know what those are necessarily (except for the obvious parts), but I do know that his music scratches the Americana, blues, folk itch that I get a lot these days.



Here's Charlie in an interview where he talks about the source and passion for music that he has. It is followed by some sick banjo playing that is totally worth listening to.


Go to his website to download a bunch of free tunes and learn more.

First heard about him on songs:illinois - great source for new music finds.

No comments: