Monday, March 12, 2007

Reflections on the Weekend

We had a long but good weekend with a ton of activity. Some random thoughts as I start off my week...
  • The youth soccer season for my U-16 team kicked into gear with our first tournament. We lost in the final on penalty kicks to one of our rivals. Losing in PK's is usually considered one of the most unsatisfying ways to lose a soccer game. I normally agree. However, we had come back from a 1-0 deficit in the final against a very strong team...and looking back at that game, I don't feel the classical dissatisfaction with the PK loss. Odd.
  • Gardening is rewarding. We planted a lime tree this weekend (as well as some herbs in our backyard) and I think this is the first tree I have ever planted. Not 100% sure about that but I think I am right. I am excited to see if it makes it. We have had some personal loss in my family recently. Until now, I have refrained from mentioning in this forum. The tree was purchased at a different time, but upon planting it, I can't help but associate it a little bit with the memory of my grandmother.
  • Life lesson: Don't leave your trunk open for extended periods of time - the battery runs out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gardening is a little lame...unless you are good at it. I just kick dirt around thinking to myself...this is why we have supermarkets....

do you garden at night?