Monday, July 07, 2008

Beijing 2008 - Soccer Coverage on NBC


I spent a decent portion of the weekend watching Olympic trials and getting all hyped up about the Olympics. When we got home, I found this little clip from the New York Times: NBC is launching 4 new channels this summer to provide exclusive coverage of the Olympics. One of the 4 channels will be dedicated to showing Olympic soccer 12 hours a day. That little piece of news is almost good enough to help me get over the Euro 2008 withdrawal...especially since Cox is one of the cable networks who has signed up to air the special channels.

2 comments:

pele1410 said...

Any idea if they are going to be pay-per-view channels, or in some sort of tier they already have? And what about HD? The linked article was rather sparse.

Unknown said...

Yeah. The details are lacking on this deal at this point. Not sure if it is PPV or not. HD? No idea. If I hear more I'll update.