Monday, July 07, 2008

Units of Measure


I went by CC's on my way out of town to Baton Rouge this morning and ordered a 'super grande' cup of coffee with cream and 4 sugars. The drivethru woman asked:

Barista: How much cream?
Me: umm........
Me: (silence, completely stymied)
Me: ummm.........
Me: Two tablespoons!
Barista: ummmm.....Ok.

I order cream at Starbucks all of the time and they never ask this question. What unit of measure would you have chosen? And why does Starbucks never ask me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"you get what we give you and you will like it ! next in line !"
-starbucks

Susan said...

Starbucks assumes a standard amount of cream. When I go there I tell them I want "lots of cream" or "plenty of cream" I actually asked the person the first time how to go about ordering cream and he said I could ask for the individual cream tubs and add my own cream that way or just tell them I wanted extra cream or something like that.

So - when I do I sometimes end up with coffee lighter than I like but it works. I think I would have answered that question "lots of cream - I light it quite light"

Unknown said...

I can't ever trust anyone else to put cream and sugar in my coffee. I make Mark get down every time, poor guy.

karen said...

oops
didn't mean to post as mark

Unknown said...

funny thing is that starbucks usually gets mine right. i'm glad someone else had this question for their barista...i sort of felt silly when I laid it out in tablespoons :-)