"To an untrained eye he looks like a fat kid in a tracksuit who’s won a competition. But then you see how, even now at touching 50, he commands the field. That charisma, that magnetism." - The Daily Mail
Today brought a farewell to one of the most controversial coaches of the World Cup and I was sad to see him go...but at the same time his team was not the better one. His passion on the sideline was great to watch, his tactics in question, his star power unquestionable...
...his quotes sometimes priceless, sometimes ridiculous, and sometimes baring the truth with no theater.
- My legitimate kids are Dalma and Giannina. The rest are a product of my money and mistakes.
- Pele has to go back to the museum.
- We all know what the French are like and Platini as a Frenchman thinks he knows it all.
- In the end, it is about whether God wants us to be in the final, but I know that is what God wants. This time we will not need the Hand of God, because it is the will of God.
- This loss is tougher (than any as a player). We had a chance to be one of the four best teams in the world, and we couldn't do it.