Friday, May 13, 2011

Clarity Through Coors

Calais said he had planned to wait until the floodwaters rose high enough to float his homemade boat, so he could patrol the neighborhood and protect his property."I made up my mind I wasn't going to leave," he said. "After I sat down and drank about 10 or 12 Coors, I said, 'Well, it's time.'"
There is nothing like a case of Coors to help bring clarity to a life changing event. I got a big kick out of this quote from a Cajun man who lives in Butte LaRose, which will probably be under water before the weekend is over. If forced to pick a drink of choice to bring clarity, I'd go with my old faithful, Chateau Ste Michelle Harvest Select Riesling.

My intent is definitely not to make light of this situation. I cannot imagine the hardship that these families will be going through as the flooding hits Louisiana and my prayers are with them. The quote is still pretty funny in the end so I felt it was worth sharing here. It is taken from this article in the Lafayette Daily Advertiser.

The photo above is from Moreauville, Louisiana after the 1927 flood. The one below is taken in Lafayette. See more 1927 and 1973 flood photos here.

No comments: