Thursday, September 04, 2008

Phish - Birds of a Feather

During the evacuation drive to Arkansas, I had retired's son in the passenger seat next to me and I decided to introduce him to Phish. He immediately liked the song Rift, but also found the band really odd (after hearing the song My Friend, My Friend). Retired's son plays guitar so I tried to convey to him how good Trey Anastasio is but I am not sure it came across - Rolling Stone listed him as one of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time (number 73). It would have been good for him to see this.



He probably would have had a tough time relating this guitar work to the music he was hearing though, so perhaps this performance on Letterman would have worked to some extent.



All that to say, I've been jamming to Phish today, working in a local coffee house since my house has no phone or internet. Enjoy.

No comments: