Thursday, October 23, 2008

Catch of the Day

My wife and I have been eating at the same sushi bar for the last 8 years (Bonsai Sushi). It's a nice simple sushi restaurant, good fish, and decent service. The restaurant has been successful and recently opened up a second location in the downtown area of Lafayette. This second restaurant has been open for a little while now and it is much more swanky than the first.

One of the interesting quirks about Bonsai is the fact that they always seem to hire relatively young women (probably in college) and then outfit them in clothes that are fairly revealing. Its been a long running joke when we talk about the place with friends. Apparently, they are ready to take their risqué culture to the next level. Their Grand Opening ceremony this upcoming weekend will feature a nude model on the bar, from which diners will be invited to grab the catch of the day. Check out the press release in the local entertainment newspaper.

8 comments:

rc said...

I already booked my flight and made a dinner reservation. See you in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Good God. Sounds like a great reason to patronize Tsunami instead!

Unknown said...

Pretty crazy - I just have a hard time imagining this happening in LFT.

karen said...

I'd rather have breast cancer than be that sushi model.

Anonymous said...

Oh, they stole the idea from the SATC movie. And I get it-- I mean, I know how much Louisiana likes naked chicks and food.

I just can't get over how unsanitary it seems.

Can you imagine if there were naked men covered in sushi and customers were supposed to eat off of them? Would never happen.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, Karen. Which makes me wonder, how much are they going to pay that chick? (Not including tips from customers.)

Any amount is probably too small.

Unknown said...

I would never eat fish off of a naked man. Agreed on that point.

Unknown said...

They can pass off flakes of skin/hair found on the sushi as...I can't finish this thought. Too disgusting!