Monday, April 03, 2006

Going Fast Gets You There Late


So I was speeding on the way to my U-15 team's game this weekend and got a ticket. 82 in a 70. This, of course, made me late for the start of the game. It is hard to believe that this is not the worse story I can tell you from driving this past weekend. That other story may have to wait.

I am headed out of town for work this week - it will be interesting to see how this affects my posts: frequency, content, etc. As it is past midnight, I need to get to bed and/or pack. With that, I will leave you with a question. If you have time to research this, or if you just think you know the answer, I would be glad to hear your thoughts.

Are these yellow speed signs recommendations? Are they legally enforceable?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yellow is recomended. although you can still get a ticket for driving to fast for the conditions. I also don't think there are any 85mph speed limits anywhere!

Unknown said...

that's what I thought. Recommendations only. Now I was at this wedding and the groom and maid of honor both got tickets for speeding on an exit ramp in Houston! Maybe Houston is different. I hear they have long exit ramps...

PS. I am in NJ.

Unknown said...

Well, they might post white reduced speed signs on ramps, in which case they would not be recommendations.

Unknown said...

That's what I think the case was - it was a white sign on an exit ramp. Makes sense. Must be hard up if you are ticketing folks on an exit ramp.