Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Yankee Doodle

I ate at a restaurant called the Nassau Inn, Yankee Doodle Tap Room (in Princeton) this evening. During the dinner, my co-workers and I had a fun exchange with the content of some photographs on the wall of the inn. The photographs are of famous Princeton grads. We knew that there was one particular famous person on the wall and we each got to guess which of the 20-30 photos was the photo of this particular person. None of us got it right. You can play the game in reverse. Whose picture is this? If you go to the restaurant's website, you can find out. This is otherwise known as cheating.

BTW: The dinner, while rather pricey, kinda sucked. The inn is on the national historic register and houses a 13 foot mural by Rockwell of, you guessed it, Yankee Doodle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to eat there with Singer occassionaly. It seemed to be good when it came to the basics (steak, potatos, etc). I always liked the dark, wood atmosphere though.

Unknown said...

se: i'm almost always in nj :-)

chl: yea, the atmosphere is the best part. the food...not so good.

Unknown said...

All I'm coming up with is Bill Bradley.

Unknown said...

That's a good guess. He was on that wall but this is not him...I will hold out another day or two and see if anyone else hazards a guess. Hint: He is involved in the current presidential administration.