Monday, July 30, 2007

Loss

A son of a good friend of mine passed away this last weekend. I never met his son. I only knew him through the internet and over the phone, through web pages on the site that discussed his long battle with cancer, or through the blogs of his parents and their struggle as a family. Having no children, I cannot imagine what it is like to lose your son. Intellectually, I understand how tragic it must be. Emotionally, it brings tears to my eyes to imagine the pain my friend must be in.

Most of the time, these pages are filled with soccer stories, new music I find interesting, photographs or some sort of anecdote from my daily life...I couldn't do that today. I want to recognize the loss of my friend and ask you to pray for him, his family and his son.

Thanks.

No comments: