Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Coach

Sometimes I lose patience as a coach. After all, I am only human and I coach 16 year old teenagers. Today we had a scrimmage and only 10 of my players were able to make it. So I played forward. I was getting the team together prior to the opening whistle and the conversation went like this:

Coach: OK guys, we won't have many chances to get an 11 v 11 game prior to our last tournament, so we need to use this scrimmage to work on a few things.
Player: Coach, is that gel in your hair?
Coach: No. It's sweat.
2nd Player: Coach, Do we have anything going on this weekend?
Coach: Seriously? So here are the things I want us to work on...
3rd Player: Why did we have to wear our uniforms for a scrimmage?
Coach: Screw it. I'll be up top. Get me the rock.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent coaching session. Since when did you start using gel?

Anonymous said...

just kids dude...remember that....
did you like to run / practice when your were 16?

Unknown said...

It was a really funny moment actually. Kids loved it. "Get coach the rock. He's on fire."

Marc & Beverly Shea said...

It's a lot cuter when they're 5 or 6 and asking silly questions.