Monday, October 08, 2007

October 8th

Two years ago today my wife and I were married. I was thinking about what I remember most about that day and I have to say that the most vivid memory I have is actually the sensation or emotion of the day itself. Don't get me wrong, I remember specific events...but it is the emotion I was feeling throughout the day that is the strongest and most vivid thing when I reflect on our wedding. I remember how joyful I felt. I remember the perfect clarity that the day held. I remember the feeling of seeing all the people we love the most, gathering to celebrate. It was perfect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the weather, the great tequila from your brother,and the special advice Carlee received...

Unknown said...

Those are definitely 3 great memories. Thanks for bringing them up!

Susan said...

Congratulations! Sounds like the best type of memories to me.

Anonymous said...

Like retired, I definitely remember the weather and my special advice...

I also remember my dad wearing my mom's shoes to walk me down the aisle, lots of dancing, good food, and family & friends...

Unknown said...

Thanks Susan. I can't believe its been 2 years. Time flies.

The fact that my father-in-law wore those shoes down the aisle is a classic story. Another good one is the entire group of people at the ceremony counting 1-2-3-4 as we tried to do a simple waltz on our first dance. :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats