Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm Not There

"People are always talking about freedom.
Freedom to live a certain way.
Course, the more you live a certain way,
the less it feels like freedom."

- I'm Not There

I'm Not There hits theaters on November 21st - it is an unconventional look at the life of Bob Dylan, with 6 different actors playing the one character. The 6 actors are: Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Marcus Carl Franklin, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger, and Ben Whishaw.

I haven't seen many movies lately but this one might be one I try to make a trip out to catch. I'd like to see the 6 actor thing pulled off well because on the surface, it sounds like a genius idea that could either flop or soar. Here's one of 2 trailers that has been released.




Official Movie Website (see the other trailer there)
Catch the I'm Not There concert in NYC on November 7th - which will include: Calexico, My Morning Jacket, The Roots, J Mascis, Yo La Tengo, Mason Jennings, Glenn Hansard, Mark Lanegan, and more. If you leave near NYC, there is no excuse to not go see this.

Here is an interview from IFC with the Director Todd Haynes, talking about the challenges of working with 6 different actors playing the same characters. Pretty interesting to hear him talk about it. His passion for the film/his work is fun to see.


No comments: