Monday, February 25, 2008

A Cracker

The announcers on the FSC during an EPL game would have called it a cracker. I just call it one of the top 10 shots in my soccer career. This past weekend, I hit a volley from about 25-30 yards out, upper 90, near post against one of our newest rivals. Unfortunately, I forgot to pull out a goal celebration worthy of the moment. In all honesty, it was a pretty amazing shot...and not something that I would ever claim to be able to repeat again, so I feel comfortable patting my back on this one as long as I admit the fact that it may not be repeatable. To top it off, I think it was the game winner but I am not 100% sure. I feel a little odd about bragging about the shot, but seriously, if you saw it, I think you would understand and forgive the hubris of this post.

In the end, the game ended up with a 9-3 score line as we piled it on towards the final whistle. It was a pretty satisfying win for multiple reasons that I won't go into here. Suffice it to say that I really wanted to beat this team badly and to put one in the back of the net like that and to have our team pile on 8 other goals felt great. I'm not so psyched we gave up 3 though. We need to work on that.

This makes the co-ed team 2-0, with 20 goals for and 3 goals against in 2 games. Not a bad start to the season.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll allow the hubris. It was a nice shot...

that's what mine is going to look like... i'm just waiting for the right ball from pele1410...

Unknown said...

It was an incredible shot, the type that allows for a little cockiness...and you were recovering from the flu. Nice game winner!

pele1410 said...

Carlee- It's coming, I'm waiting for a big game like Monarch to give it to you.

Will- I can't believe you didn't pull a Cantona.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Such sweet goodness! Wish I could have been there to see it.

Thanks so much for these updates.