Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Foreign Policy Blog

I've been pretty uninvolved with the hoopla that has been going on with the current events for the upcoming election and I think I am just coming out of a hibernation period that has kept me away from news in general. Something a while back just started to make me avoid any major media news outlet, be it internet, tv, or radio. That said, I stumbled on the blog by the editors of Foreign Policy this evening (not sure why I am up this late since I am sick) that looks really interesting. The post that brought me to the site was titled, 'Ten things that won't change (no matter who gets elected)'. Check it out and see what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to that list - 'Ten things that won't change (no matter who gets elected') - we can safely add:

Number 11:

People ignorantly speculating on what won't change, what can't change, what might change and what will.

And to that group of people we can safely add me. Because I think that blog has a bunch of those so-called immutables wrong.

Unknown said...

I certainly hope that there are items in this list that are wrong. I agree that it is somewhat of a defeatist attitude and my thought would be that it is probably a reflection of the lack of leadership within our country. For example, I think the time is right for a massive change related to energy independence. Unfortunately, we have been pretty successful at failing to strike while the iron is hot.

Anonymous said...

Not so much a "lack of leadership", but the wrong leadership.

The herd (us - U.S. citizens) have been shepherded into the "sheering" pens for the most part during the last 8 years, if we keep "following" this type of leadership the other pen turns sheep into lamb (as in chops).

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we can hope for change and change will bring us hope...

Oh wait maybe that works the other way around...

Change will bring hope and that hope will bring change...

Uhh... Wait... Now I am Confused... what were we talking about??