Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla

I am publishing the lyrics to this song just because it is not often that you will read Icelandic and Hopelandic song lyrics on Blades of Blue. The song is entitled Hoppípolla and is by the Icelandic band Sigur Rós. I have a couple of their albums and the music this band makes is beautiful in my opinion.

On a side note, I am wrapping up my second week of travel in a row. This band just happens to be on my play list about 80% of the time I am navigating the Houston airport. There is something about the ambiance of the airport that mixes perfectly for me with their songs. It may actually be more that the act of leaving home/coming home, fits well with the music for me. Yes, I think that is it. Enjoy.



Lyrics to the song are below. Get your translation here.

Brosandi
Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Rennblautur
Allur rennvotur
Engin gúmmístígvél
Hlaupandi inn í okkur
Vill springa út úr skel

Vindurinn
Og útilykt af hárinu þínu
Eg lamdi eins fast og ég get
Með nefinu mínu

Hoppípolla
I engum stígvélum
Allur rennvotur (rennblautur)
I engum stígvélum

Og ég fæ blóðnasir
En ég stend alltaf upp

Og ég fæ blóðnasir
Og ég stend alltaf upp

No comments: