Monday, May 22, 2006

6v6, US vs Morocco



We play Morocco tomorrow. I will be very curious to see the line up.

It's been a while since I checked out the US Soccer video site and they have had clips from some inter-squad 6v6 stuff up for a while. The clips are pretty cool and worth your time. Some nice goals are scored from various players. I like the use of the players on the perimeter and I am thinking it may make for a good way to end one of my U-15 practices.

They also have some ice bath clips. When I was in college, I used to soak my lower leg in big Gatorade buckets filled with ice in order to keep my ankle swelling down after a tough game on the turf. No joke, sticking your bare foot in a huge jug of ice water is a pretty crazy sensation. These guys are doing it, both legs at a time, up to their waists. Umm....Don't Tread on Me.

3 comments:

rc said...

Morocco / Venezuela / Latvia. I guess Morocco is supposed to mimic Ghana, being an African country with a similar playing style. Latvia I could understand, since they are like a Czech 'B' team. Venezuela baffles me. I am not sure why they were scheduled as a preparation match. I think that guy Savarese from the Metrostars of 96 is on that team. But 3 games in this short of a period will be good for the team, and hopefully get a lot of players on the field. I will be praying we don't have any injuries...

rc said...

So I checked out USSOCCER.COM. Clint Dempsey shot a rap video? Who are these guys, the Chicago Bears? That guy is too hardcore for me.

Unknown said...

Yea, that Dempsey video is great...can't believe you've been missing out on that for so long. The song isn;t all that bad. Still, I don't know whether to laugh or...well actually, I just laugh.

Your prayers were not answered.