Wednesday, May 03, 2006

CNN: Crappy News Network

I get my news from multiple sources in order to stay informed. CNN has gradually been evolving to a source where I go infrequently. Here's why. Above is a cut of the headlines as of about 10 minutes ago. 50% of them are pure crap (the last 4) and I think I can say that my subjective opinion here would be echoed by many people. The first 4 are valid enough news items that I will not pass judgment on them. If you read CNN and you click through on those last 4, you are in fact contributing to this problem because I would bet that those click through trends are tracked and used to determine what headlines to post. Let's save ourselves and stop clicking through the crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to the dark side! You gotta try FOX

Unknown said...

I stopped reading CNN.com a few months ago. If you dig deep enough, you can find wortwhile (what I would consider worthwhile anyway) news, but at least 50% of the headlines are designed for shock value alone. Now I really just don't read much news.

Unknown said...

Retired: Keep dreaming.

CHL: It is unfortunate but I think that this is exactly what is happening to me. I read less news...pretty sad. I am going to try the NYT website for a while.