Saturday, May 20, 2006

"Approach"-ing Therapy


Quick little blip about my buddy RC - out from Troy - great stopper - kind of a weird gait when he runs but still a pretty great stopper. I played with him for a few years in college and as luck would have it, he remains one of the few folks from those confused and angst ridden years that I remain in touch with. So in summary:
  • Good soccer player
  • Runs weird
  • Started a blog you can now find on my sidebar, see Therapy, - so far so good.
To keep you updated on my end:
  • I am headed into week 2 of week 4 of Travel to Trenton (by no coincidence can this be abbreviated into TNT).
  • We continue to live out of boxes but as each day goes by, one box by one box less. Moving out of boxes into a new home is harder than packing. Tonight was our first real dinner alone at our new home. Burgers and Corn on the Cobb. Riesling. Miles Davis.
  • My U-15 team is entering week 3 of preparations for Decatur (Alabama, not GA...sorry bro). We are ramping up good - 3 practices a week. Scrimmage tomorrow. I enlisted the help of my friend "retired" to coach the team when I am on travel. Quote from one of the players today when I asked how "retired's" first practice went: "He ran us like bitches." Sounds like I made a good choice.
The picture above? A little piece of Troy, NY history. A landmark called the Approach that joins RPI to the city downtown. Many a stumbling night on these stairs for me...cheers to RC.

4 comments:

Cat4 said...

proposed to my wife on those stairs...SWEET

rc said...

Thanks for the plug wilablog. After you left, I had to fill in at sweeper. Let's just say I was a much better stopper...that is one tough position...

Unknown said...

Cool about the whole wife proposal thing. I forget sometimes that you two have that RPI connection.

Unknown said...

That is cool about the proposal thing. It is a pretty damn cool place to propose as well.