Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Am Not a Soap Opera Star

First, to be perfectly clear, I do not watch Soap Operas. My wife does. She Tivos Days of Our Lives and watches it at night. Well, last night they introduced a new character that had her exclaim: "This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!" Here is the description of the character.
  • Tall and skinny
  • Wears glasses
  • Went to RPI
  • Was a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity at RPI
  • Kind of a geek
  • Dances by himself on a regular basis
  • Has a blog
Yea. I am not kidding. In case you don't know the details, I was a Pike at RPI as well. While there (I am ok with admitting this), I danced by myself at some fraternity parties. I wasn't sober, but I did it.

So yes. Someone I know could be on the writing staff at Days of Our Lives.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"he has never read the phrase, 'lame-duck president' before..."

Sorry. Let me be clear. I have heard this phrase many times. This was the first time I had read about Bush being referred to as a lame-duck. I was referring to the formal change in tide that is resulting from the election. Not the phrase itself... Hope that clears it up.

Go cajuns.

Unknown said...

Hmm...so I thought you were saying that Rutgers was playing UL. So I went to go look that up because that was news to me. It appears they are playing Louisville. In that case, I will just root for Rutgers. You need to be more specific...

Unknown said...

Oh. Well, if you live where I live, it pretty much goes by UL. Or sometimes "U of L." Either way. I am glad that the list of schools in the state required research on your part. Otherwise, I would be concerned about you.

At the very least, we have established a couple things:
1. I don't follow college football.
2. Your jokes are tough to follow.
3. Someone from Days of Our Lives is following me.