Sunday, April 06, 2008

AFC: 6-0-0

It appears I failed to give an update after our fifth win, which was against the Zebicus and was a victory under the lights at Clark field. Today was our 6th game and was against one of our arch rivals, the Monarchs. The Monarchs used to win the league each season with very little fan fare. As seasons passed and AFC gradually improved, there were a couple players on the Monarchs who just could not seem to co-exist peacefully with me (and a couple of other players on AFC) on the field.

"Not being able to co-exist peacefully" is a euphemism for intense arguments, physical violence and all around disparaging comments. Thus, it is always a big game when we play them and it is always a good game when we win 5-0. Icing on the cake was a goal and an assist on my part.

AFC now moves to 6-0-0 with one game left in regular season play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such delicious, sweet joy. That is my favorite team to beat.

Interestingly, I hate losing to the other rival team more than I hate losing to the Monarchs. Not sure why that is.

Anyhow-- way to go!! Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

You want me to come down and "talk" to these other players?
Remember, I knocked a kid out cold in a scrimage vs. Bridgewater back in the day. He did not talk smack to anyone else the rest of that game.

Oh yeah...congrats on the win!!!