Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Figs (Starring an AFC Alum!)

AFC alum Caroline Helm is a member of the local band, The Figs. As I am compiling music for the next monthly mix, themed on this last year's Festival Internationale, I find myself having trouble picking my favorite tune from this band. They are all good! Check out Caroline in this interview on the streets of New York.



And then check out this tune. Go Caroline! Let me know when you want to come back and throw on the old jersey for a kick about.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...pretty girls playing old time music....my heart just skipped a beat.....

Anonymous said...

wow! never would I have imagined Caroline in a folk band!

Go Girl!

Unknown said...

And she is an awesome outside midfielder!

Unknown said...

Soccer, social work, and folk music...pretty impressive. Looking forward to that next live show in Lafayette.

Anonymous said...

I ordered the cd from Amazon.
NICE !!!!!
-Ed