Sunday, January 04, 2009

Dempsey vs Chelsea

I haven't been following the EPL to much at all lately, but news of Clint Dempsey's 2 goals against Chelsea has got me interested in Fulham for the second half of the season. They are on a 9 game unbeaten streak thanks to this 89th minute goal from Clint. Why in the world Chelsea didn't have anyone on either post is beyond me.



Clint's first goal in the game can be seen below. It is a cheeky little flick from 3 yards out with his back to the goal.


2 comments:

pele1410 said...

This has been a trend in the EPL, no man on the back post for corners/set pieces. More often than not it hurts them, so I'm not sure why they're still doing it.

Unknown said...

Crazy. I'll stay a traditionalist on this issue and continue to coach my teams to man the posts.