Thursday, January 29, 2009

Verification

My wife and I are investigating refinancing our house as a result of some of the great offers out there on the market. This involves a lot of paperwork that is almost all handled by my wife. However, I have not successfully gotten out of all responsibilities. Sometimes the mortgage company calls:

Agent: Hello Mr. LaBar. We are processing your paperwork and wanted to verify your place of employment. We called the general number and reached a Mrs. Peabody. She did not know who you are.
Me: What number did you call?
Agent: The general number. Can we have your supervisor's number?
Me: I guess I could give you his number but I think he would find it a little strange when you called him.
Agent: Hmm...well, can you just give the phone to the person sitting next to you?

All this for a brief chuckle and follow-up for yet another impact of being a telecommuter...

No comments: