Sunday, January 11, 2009

Grand Bargain

I liked this exchange between George and Obama this morning on This Week. There is something refreshing to me about someone telling me that we will all need to put skin in the game and make a sacrifice in order to right the ship.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Let me press you on this, at the end of the day, are you really talking about over the course of your presidency some kind of a grand bargain? That you have tax reform, health care reform, entitlement reform, including Social Security and Medicare where everybody in the country is going to have to sacrifice something, accept change for the greater good?

OBAMA: Yes.

...

STEPHANOPOULOS: And eventually sacrifice from everyone.

OBAMA: Everybody is going to have to give. Everybody is going to have to have some skin in the game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Probably one of the best interviews I've seen involving Obama...pre and post election.