Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ornithology

We went to Girard Park this past weekend, taking Jozy for her first outing at our favorite place to walk. I've uploaded some photos of the various birds that we saw. Besides the duck, I am pretty sure the other birds are different types of herons. I'm not a birder though...so I could be wrong. Jozy was out walking with the dog whose face she tried to bite off a few weeks ago (Elvis). After the initial greeting, and given enough distractions in the surrounding area, Jozy appears to be able to tolerate the presence of other dogs. Baby steps.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dark colored birds were Cormorants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormorant) we have them all over Louisiana. If you ever take that fishing trip with me you will see them in the wild.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip! One day I might be cool enough to go fishing...