Monday, June 23, 2008

Being Single (Again)

My wife has been out of town since Saturday morning so I have been playing bachelor for the last 2.5 days. So how am I spending my time? Relishing in bachelorhood? Not quite.
  • Watched at least 6 hours of soccer including Euro 2008, MLS, and and FSC classics from the EPL or Barcelona. Now suffering from withdrawal as we await the semis.
  • Watch Mission Impossible 2. Liked it.
  • Mowed
  • Jozy started her next round of dog classes - Intermediate level obedience stuff.
  • Checked out new music on the internet
  • Coached 7 v7 soccer; Played 6 v 6 soccer
  • 3 take out meals; 2 cooked meals
Nothing very exciting, just the essentials. Soccer, food and music. Token chore. Turns out I am a predictable guy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think is the long run we are all pretty predictable my friend.................

pele1410 said...

The more soccer you can fit in the better. Good game on Saturday. Who were the two girls and why aren't they playing for AFC?

Unknown said...

Thanks. Actually one of the women is our new recruit - Ellen. So she is going to be on the team. The other one is trying out :-)

Anonymous said...

So many of my married guy friends have told me that when their wives go out of town, they gorge themselves on all the food that is normally frowned upon by the missus. Like, one guy I know eats nothing but hotdogs whenever his wife isn't around for a few days. Another packs away as much bacon as humanly possible. Like, two pounds of bacon in one weekend because his wife squawks at him so much if she sees him eating it, that it's become easier to just go without.

but oh, how the cravings still linger. . .

Unknown said...

Last night was marinated steak kabobs and sautéed mushrooms. So I'm doing a little better than two pounds of bacon. However, I have had red meat 2 days in a row...