Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Road to Columbus

We're driving to Columbus, Ga tonight for Regionals. We check in the team tomorrow and have opening ceremonies. Friday we play a team from FL and a team from NC. Saturday we play another team from NC and the semifinals. Sunday we play the finals and after we win that we start training for the national semi's. Wish us luck! I'll post updates throughout the tournament.

I thought a good parting post would be to show you my two favorite t-shirts designed by my team after winning the state title for the third year in a row.

First, our "Three Pete" shirt. The kid's nicknames are across the bottom of the shirt and there are more across the back. The back of the shirt also has a small Thundercat logo at the base of the neck. The three Pete's on the front make this shirt pretty much kick ass.


The other shirt was a total surprise. Hand crafted by one of the kid's parents to fit Jozy!


I'm not big on dressing up dogs but I'll make an exception for this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck and drive safely

pele1410 said...

So I can't really tell who the outer two Pete's are. Any help?

Unknown said...

Sampras and Carroll

Riffle said...

Good luck!
I lived in Columbus GA for 4.5 years (from 3-7) -- no real fond memories -- just that it was kind of a dumpy place. That's a 28 year old memory so let me know if it's still true. Be safe.