Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Daft Punk, Daft Hands: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Amazon had a deal the other day on their mp3 download site for the Daft Punk Musique Vol 1 album so I took the opportunity to grab the whole album for less than 2 bucks. Good bargain. It's not often that I go through deep electronic swings in my preference for tunes, but every once in a while this genre helps get me through long involved tasks at work and long flights.

This video is set to their song Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. It is made by an amateur but it fascinating. In case you haven't seen it before (I believe it may have gone viral a while back), let me warn you about this 3 minute 44 second video:

1. If you make it 52 seconds in, you will think you have wasted 1 minute of your life and that I have sent you down a rabbit trail for no reason.
2. At 1:40 you will wonder who has this kind of time on their hands (no pun intended) and be fairly interested in continuing for the next 2 minutes.
3. At 2:25, if you happen to like electronic music, you will still be listening and damn impressed by the effort put into this silly video by its creator.
4. 1 minute later you will probably decide that I may have wasted your time and may or may decide you like Daft Punk. At that point, you may just stick around for the last 20 seconds.

Enjoy.


No comments: