Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stimulus Ideas

I came across the VA stimulus website the other day, Stimulus.Virginia.Gov and decided to poke around, partly out of curiosity related to my job and partly just out of personal curiosity. There is a link on the site that pulls up a report of ideas submitted from citizens regarding how to utilize the stimulus money. This one was one of my favorites:
My wife is trying to keep the economy going all by herself. We can stimulate the economy easily by sending my wife and other's like her a check. She will run right out and buy clothes, jewelry, shoes for herself and our children. To be fair, we do need a few of these things. Since this money will be spent immediately, it will have an immediate impact to our economy. I'd probably just buy my kid a college education since he will be working this debt off for his entire life.

No comments: