Thursday, July 13, 2006

Anthropology?

When I was in my last year and a half of college (so far I have only been tempted once or twice to break my vow about never going back), I realized that I was not born to be a Financial Systems expert. Stocks and bonds were just not up my alley. Instead, anthropology became my new love. I took independent studies on cognitive science and signed up for as many electives in the field as I could find at a technical school.

After I graduated though, I never really followed up on it...

I am not saying that I regret that though. I would have to say that my career thus far has been incredibly rewarding and I love what I do. But sometimes some things make you wonder what might have been - no matter how unrelated they are. So all this goes to say that I found some thing the other day that I thought was really interesting on a site called Anthropology.net.

This site, has an interesting visual representation of 32 different cultures. Here are two examples, Costa Rica and England.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of these days you'll have to explain to me why you, "love what you do".

Unknown said...

chl: Deal. Preferably over a beer.
se: Good question! I will have to think about that one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.