Saturday, July 01, 2006

Kahn and Lehmann

The Germany - Argentina game yesterday was a thriller that went all the way to PK's. There were some great moments when Kahn and Lehmann spoke before and after the PK's. Kahn was replaced in goal by Lehmann prior to the cup - which was a pretty big deal because Kahn is a national hero in Germany. Something tells me that Lehmann could end up being just as big. He saved two PK's against the Argentinians yesterday. He guessed right on every kick. It was an impressive performance.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The second half, overtime, and PK of that game is the only one I've watched so far. It was enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you noticed but Lehmann did not have to guess during pk's. Klingsman had done his home work and Lehmann was provided with a list that had ever shooters tendencies. he kept it i his sock and refered to it during the kicks! Kahn is still number one in my heart!

Unknown said...

I had heard about the list...didn't see it though. I wonder if the list was right or not. For all we know, the list was wrong and Lehmann guessed. I hear you though. I still like Kahn. He looks a little Klingon to me.