Saturday, July 01, 2006

England Eliminated, France Advances

An up and down day for me. England drops to Portugal and now I have to watch the Portugal players dive for another 90 minutes (I pray they are eliminated in regulation by France). Rooney picked up a red for stepping on a Portugal player's crotch. Kind a of bad decision on Rooney's part.

Following the disappointment, France went on and defeated Brazil. Zidane was a master in the middle and although it is sad to see the Brazilians eliminated, I think the French played more of the beautiful game today than the Brazilians. In fact, most of the tournament has been a little bit of a let down as far as Brazil's style of play. There were moments, but nothing close to the magic that is possible.

I would like to see a France - Germany final. The worse case scenario will be an Italy - Portugal final. I don't think there would be more than 1 minute of play without a dive, whistle, and a crying player on the pitch.

No comments: