Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Prejean's Review

So the first lunch date is in the books. I should clear up why we chose Prejean's as for those of you who know, it is 20 minutes from our house: We had a gift certificate there that I won in the Fly Lafayette club (which I will have to tell you about someday). Anyway, a $15 gift certificate is a great way to get a cheap lunch.

I had the Crabcake Covington. "100% Blue crabmeat, secretly fried and topped with crawfish sauce Louis. Served with eggplant & okra Creole casserole, dirty rice, and a fresh, garden green salad." Carlee had the Shrimp Diane. "Fresh gulf shrimp sautéed with mushrooms, scallions, & fresh herbs and tossed in a shrimp butter cream served over steamed rice."

The food was good. I could use a little more cajun seasoning in my crab cakes - which is a weird thing to say about a cajun restaurant that is a major attraction for out of towners. Overall though, the food was also a little heavy for lunch. The service was great. The bread was just ok (sorry anonymous). I thought their parmesan vinaigrette was damn good. I would go back again and try the Cajun Rack of Elk. That sounds good. If you are looking for a good cajun restaurant with a great atmosphere, my favorite since I have moved here is the Blue Dog Cafe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so can we go to prejeans next time i am in town - enjoyed my dinner there the one time i was there, but the "wife" (daughter)never wanted to return

Unknown said...

Sure we can go! I think Carlee would go back again.