Friday, December 19, 2008

Coach

We are traveling to a tournament this weekend. About a 70 minute drive, so not long enough to spend the night. We will be driving back and forth on the bus as a team.

Player: Coach, I have relatives in Lake Charles and my mom wants to know if I can spend the night there rather than take the bus back. I told her you would probably say no.
Coach: I'm not sure what the policy is. I can check.
Player: Well...the answer is "no" right?
Coach: No, I said I was not sure.
Player: Yeah, but, you can just say "no."
Coach: What?
Player: I mean...I want you to say "no."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better hope that mom doesnt check this blog because she wont be happy

Unknown said...

Thought crossed my mind but the story was worth it. I don't think she is a reader.