Sunday, April 08, 2007

Domestic Proof

Easter weekend was a domestic weekend for me, filled with yard and house chores (with frequent breaks watching soccer on TV). I think I am only posting these facts so that the family members and friends who hit this site don't think I am a lazy slob. So there.
  • Mowed lawn. Twice. It was so long from about a week and a half of rain and watering (3* a week) that I needed to mulch it and then bag it.
  • Trimmed the hedges. Got to use the new telescoping pole hedge trimmer that allows me to get our 8-10 foot high hedges without making stage dives into the bush. Of course, the machine must weigh about 40 pounds. I can't raise my arms above my waist tonight.
  • Killed some bamboo. If your neighbor ever grows this next door, just go ahead and light it all on fire. Otherwise I'll see you in the backyard every weekend with some Round Up and some trimmers.
  • Cleaned out the back porch and car port.
  • Dismantled, cleaned and put our Weber grill back together. Replaced the cooking grates and flavor bars with new pieces. Looks like a new grill. Christened it tonight with filet, ribeye, homemade freedom fries and a good merlot. Dinner was on really clean back porch with a wonderful view of some bamboo-less hedges.
  • Bought bags of dirt, mulch, fire ant killer, slug bait and a saw for next week's projects. Probably hurt my back loading 200 pounds of earth into the hybrid.
  • Made more progress on cleaning up my office. For some reason, boxes still abound in this room of our house.
Time to go watch some 24. Carlee and I are starting on Season 1 (I can't believe it took us so long to get into this show).

No comments: