Monday, April 09, 2007

A Playground A Petri Dish


I really like this month's cover (if I am allowed to toot my own horn). The mix is somewhat tilted towards a folk/americana audience. However, there are some standout indie favorites on here as well.
A Playground A Petri Dish

1. Keep the Car Running ð Arcade Fire
2. Imitosis ð Andrew Bird
3. We Can Be Strong ð Willy Mason
4. Black Haired Girl ð Jesse Malin
5. Good Excuse ð John Butler Trio
6. Think I'm in Love ð Beck
7. Green & Dumb ð Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers
8. Little Sadie ð Crooked Still
9. The Picture ð Son Volt
10. Soft Asylum (No Way Out) ð Grant-Lee Phillips
11. Scythian Empires ð Andrew Bird
12. Something Pretty ð Patrick Park
13. Save Myself ð Willy Mason
14. Fans ð Kings of Leon
15. Gone to Carolina ð Shooter Jennings
16. This Wheel’s On Fire ð Guster
17. Underground Dream ð Son Volt
18. It Ain't Right ð The Redstick Ramblers
19. I Hear Them All ð Old Crow Medicine Show
20 . One Voice ð The Wailin' Jennys

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!!!

Um, I mean, err. . .

Unknown said...

Thrilled to see some Roger Clyne in the mix. I saw RCPM a little over a week ago in Denver. I always enjoy Green and Dumb. I'm hoping to see them again in May here in the Springs (you're welcome to come here for the show!). I think Guster (also represented in your mix) will be with him in May.

Are the Son Volt tracks from the new album? I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I just might need a copy of this mix if you are willing to share.

Unknown said...

The springs in May...tempting...I've never seen either Guster or RCPM live - I bet that will be a good show.

The Son Volt tracks are off the new album. Lots of horns on "The Picture."

I'll get you a copy.

Unknown said...

Ah...I was wrong. It isn't Guster. It is Shurman. The offer still stands, but it might not be as enticing.

Let me know if you are interested in my March mix. I just posted something about it. Do not feel obliged to say yes. I just feel like I have to offer in return for yours.

Unknown said...

Never heard of Shurman - I am checking them out online now. Reviews say they are a great live band. And I just realized that I say Guster for a song or two at Voodoo fest in N.O. one year...must be getting old. Anyway. I put in a request for your March mix. Thanks for the trade.

Anonymous said...

As always...bands I do not really know....I sent you a mix today....no fancy cover...in fact there are typo's on it and I was too lazy to re-type it. Always save your document...always save!!!
(roge clyne was in the refreshments...and lived (used to..maybe still) a few roads over from james' old pad....
too much info in the noodle of mine..total usless knowledge...

talk to you soon.
-ed

Unknown said...

The fact that Clyne was in The Refreshments is far from useless information. Some of those Refreshments songs are still staples of his amazing live performances and with PH Naffah on drums, the core of that band lives in RCPM. RCPM is an extension and growth from The Refreshments.

I don't know who James is, but I believe Clyne is a Tempe resident.

Unknown said...

James is my brother. he makes appearances in this forum as WUDescendent.

I'll look for the typo mix in the mail. Cool.