Sunday, April 08, 2007

I May Not Be Good At This

I signed up for MFLS (Major Fantasy League Soccer) this past weekend. This happened about 15 minutes after we purchased MLS Direct Kick which gets us access to almost all of the local MLS soccer feeds around the country. MLS Direct Kick will pretty much guarantee that I will be able to watch more MLS soccer then I ever thought possible. In fact, this past weekend I think I watched 5 MLS games, 1.5 EPL games, and 1/2 of an Italian game. At some point I decided I was even a little upset that I couldn't get watch LA Galaxy game. No, I do not have a problem.

MFLS: My roster for week one probably didn't do well. I signed up at the last minute, felt a little rushed and had a little too much weight on one or two teams. Despite pressing refresh on my browser, the scores have yet to be posted so it remains to be seen just how bad I did. This afternoon I played a little bit with transfers and have the following roster headed into week two.


I've never been good at stats. I've never tried any kind of fantasy league for any sport because of that very fact. So I think I am pretty much going to get my ass handed to me by Carlee...she signed up too. Before she signed up though, she researched which players and teams had the best goals for/against ratios. So yeah, I'm gonna be losing pretty quickly here. But at least I know I married the right woman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a fant baseball team going....it's pretty cool..and a little more intense that i ever imagined....

Unknown said...

Yea. I am wondering if I will get sucked into it. I feel like people get pretty involved in these things...not sure I will be one of them.

Anonymous said...

This is going to consume your life...it's so addicting. You may as well quit your job and return those tools to Lowe's. Oh yeah, Carly will win.

I don't have a google account yet,
Mark deClouet

Unknown said...

If only I could find someone to pay for me to lose at MLS fantasy soccer...hmm....