Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm a Woman

This is why I like hanging out with the team I coach, which, coincidentally is how I spent about 9 hours of my weekend. The following short conversation snippet is loosely quoted from a group of us as we were waiting for the rest of the team to show up for our warm-ups up prior to a scrimmage this weekend. I am making up names because I am not comfortable with using the real names of my players...not sure if that is me being overly cautious or not.

James (said to another player): Too bad you missed the party this weekend.

Me: Yea, for some reason James was running around all weekend screaming: "I'm a woman!"

James: Hey! I only screamed it once.

Not sure if you had to be there for this exchange to be funny or not. But when the best defense to someone claiming that you ran around screaming "I am a woman!" is that you only said it once, you just might be in trouble. Regionals start on Friday. Wish us luck.

No comments: